Your Website Can Change the Way You Do Business
1. Be Open For Business 24 Hours a DayYour business is open to the world 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with no labour costs. An online store never closes. And a website faces no time zone barriers.
2. Look Big, Important, and CredibleIf you still do not have a Web presence you are inadvertently making a statement about your inability to embrace technology and adapt to change in today’s dynamic environment. Especially for a small business, a well-designed website is a great way of creating credibility and looking bigger than you actually are. When one compares the cost of establishing a website to what it costs to promote a business on the traditional media (newspaper, radio, television), it is evident that a website is the cheapest form of marketing ever created.
3. Make Information Always AvailableYou can provide 24 hour customer services without hiring any additional employees. Your customers are better served when they can access information about your product or services immediately via your website rather than waiting for a mailed brochure or a return telephone call. Provide answers to frequently asked questions on your website. Information requests can be processed immediately via online forms and autoresponders whether someone is in the office or not.
4. Update Your Brochure for FreeA website is your online brochure or catalogue that can be changed or updated at any time at a much cheaper and faster rate than print material. It saves you money on printing and distribution costs.
5. Change Your Marketing StrategiesYou can provide photos and detailed descriptions of your products or services, and show people how your products or services can help them in their personal or professional lives. Link in to Social Media to create a buzz around your brand and boost Sales.
6. Ensure StabilityYou may move your place of business, change your phone number, or even change your hours, but your website address never changes, and your website is always open.
7. Take Control Over Your Own Internet IdentityYour own domain name (www.yourcompany.com) establishes a strong online brand identity, and allows you to set up email addresses specific to your own company.
8. Promote Your ServicesLawyers, doctors, financial consultants, entertainers, realtors and all service-oriented businesses should take advantage of the massive reach of the Internet. Millions of users are logging on to the Web to compare various specialists and practitioners before they purchase a specialized service.
9. Be in Touch With Your CustomersYou can gather information about your existing and potential customers by using online forms and surveys. Provide a feedback form to make it easy for your customers to send their input. Conduct surveys to find out how you can improve your products and services. Your site statistics can also help you understand how your visitors and customers use your site.
10. Function As a Great Recruiting ToolYour website is a great recruiting tool for building your business. Everyone looking for a job today checks out businesses in their field for job openings, and some of your best future employees may find you online.
So whether your business is large or small, you need to use the web smartly and right now if you want to make an impact. Try it and you’ll be amazed at the results.