Does Your Business Use Facebook? Why Not?
When millions upon millions of users register their personal information on a social site, all of a sudden demographic research becomes far easier than it has ever been before. And this is a gold mine to Marketers. It’s far easier to sell to your preferred audience than to a bunch of disinterested people, and by using filters to pick out your targeted segment, you literally get more bang for your buck
The Facebook Advantage:
- Reach the right people for the right reasons: People treat Facebook as an authentic part of their lives, so you can be sure you are connecting with real people with a real interest in your products.
- Choose your audience by location, age and interests: Talk only to people who really matter to you.
- Test simple image and text-based ads: Collect evidence about the usefulness of your ads, and use only the model that works for you.
- Promote your Facebook Page or website and use the “Like” button to increase your ad’s influence.
- Build a community around your business: Community works because users feel like you have their interests in mind, rather than just your own. Community is about communication, and that might be the best advertising you could hope for.
- Control your daily budget: A small outlay on advertising can yield a vast dividend in terms of business, and you can specify a daily ad-spend.
- Run cost-effective ad campaigns: Choose to pay only when people click or see your ad.
Combining Marketing Solutions on Facebook for a Positive ROI:It’s hard to beat the low cost of participation and uniquely engaged audience on Facebook. However, when you create a broader presence with Facebook Pages or Facebook Events plus ads for instance, you can turn your advertising message into a trusted referral by including content from a user’s friends who are already affiliated with your products.
Usually, online friends are people whom you know in real life – people you study with, work with, or who live near you. In other words, people whom you respect – and recommendations from them will carry some weight. This element may be the game changer for companies like yours who are trying to sell their products, and it is this combination of approaches that will truly increase your ROI.